Tuesday, October 14, 2008

WARNING:FELON?PARKING TICKETS ???dont show up to vote

This is a story that I have been looking for and haven't heard too much about:Voter suppression propaganda. I had heard this "rumor" that I just did not want to believe because the messenger said it was the democrats warning "its" people...well needless to say I knew "this" messenger was wrong but couldn't find the evidence until now. NPR reports about an anonymous flier that has showed up to warn that if you have outstanding warrants, tickets and felons you should either clear them up before voting or don't vote! The poster is written in a letter format and seems to originate possibly from the Obama campaign, mainly by mentioning an Obama rally the author of the letter attended. This is scary propaganda to me and a reflection of just how ugly this race is going to get.

1 comment:

chysey said...

I find this very disheartening! But, this is a prime example of how the masses need to educate themselves and not accept all information that comes their way. Taking repsonsibility for one's self is key.