Saturday, December 6, 2008

Education is a good thing....right?

So now Obama's latest criticism is found in this WP article. It states that 22 out of his 35 apointees are from Ivy league schools, "generally share a more intellectual outlook then is often the norm in government. Well, maybe that's the problem. Shouldn't the people leading our country out of economic crisis and war be the best of the best? Speaking from the only perspective I know, my own, I am tremendously grateful for the quality of education Trinity College affords me and when driving by Yale I am impressed by its staure in our society not only for its historical signifigance but for the students that fill that school, they are among some of the smartest and most dedicated academics in the world and if thats now a bad thing...well I for one would like to be considered bad. Experience only gets you so far...and being an "average American" is well, average. The WP is throwing stones at the academia elite reminding us that some of the "worst people" have gone to Harvard and Yale...oh you mean like G.W.??? The article cites that the collection of academic elites could lead to complicated politics, maybe its time when hundreds of billions of dollars of tax payer dollars are at state that they are a little more comlicated, they might even work, imagine that. I reiterate what Roy Occhiorosso said to me the other day, he said Republicans need "new ideas not new candidates" and I agree but we have this new huge change right now and change hurts. For many all of this change is probably more then overwhelming but if the smart people are truly taking over, I for one, have no problems with it.
UPDATE:I just found a second article on NEWSER that warns of the same thing. The pre Vietnam cabinet of JFK.

No comments: