Sunday, September 28, 2008

Now we know who really won!

This was the first time in my life I have ever looked forward to watching a political event. Yes, there have been moments along this election that have sparked my interest but this debate was an anticipated part of my day. It seemed to be swirling in the air all day as I journeyed throughout my work day and then into the evening. I was nervous in a weird way for Obama, would McCain use his manipulative ways to shine him in a poor light? Would he just keep lying? I wanted to be able to fact check all of his claims.(interesting piece about Factchecker as being a propaganda arm for Obama)
As it unfolded it was clear to me who the real candidate was and who the disgruntled politician was. McCain made several insinuations to Obama's "naievete" which came across as condescending and unbecoming of a president but very becoming of an outdated politician. With each rebuttal from Obama, McCain had this devilish grin that he couldn't hide if he had tried. His reactions made me uncomfortable in my seat, was he lying(again and again) or not just sure how to respond to Obama? I read my take on this debate in Politico which basically says that Obama really stood out on the main issues discussed. That all of McCain's tricks didn't work. I think the best lines from Obama were in regards to McCain supporting the war when he repetitively said"You were Wrong!"
After spending most of the weekend in exile at the Trinity Library only to resurface for food and more coffee I was able to catch Obama on Face the Nation where again I was impressed by his swagger! especially after being up all night focused on the bailout situation. I noticed he looked a bit tired and "less black" then Friday night at the debate. His makeup was a bit heavy handed...on purpose or not I am not sure...until I do a little research I will postpone any other comments on the debate until I become better informed because who am I to be commenting on this important historical moment!

1 comment:

BR said...

Yeah, McCain was creeping me out during the debate. You know there's a problem with a candidate when smiling makes people uncomfortable.