Friday, September 19, 2008

Race card

Reading an article on how McCain's new ad will use the race card prompted me to watch the commercial, here it is I see more of the Age card being played as well as a bit of bias going on considering the article is a Time article and they are big Obama supporters. I am sure by now we know Obama is black but the thing that caught my eye was how they intentionally showed two black men,one is Obama, and the only other person in ad is a very sad looking lil old lady....as if to say do you do rememeber he's black right? Subliminal messages will alway wreck havoc in our psyches...just glad I know how to spot unconscious racism! Recently found an interesting blog that poses some twists using race. One I have thought about was would a black man with 5 kids, including a prgnent teenager EVER be nominated as vice president of the U.S.????

No comments: